If you have a question you wish to ask, please first check the site's Frequently Asked Questions to see if the answer is there. Please also read the notes below, which may help to answer your question.
- Pennine Waterways is an independent non-profit-making website about the canals of the area. This is not the website of the Canal and River Trust or British Waterways. (See below for those contact details.
Pennine Waterways is not connected with The Canal and River Trust (or the former British Waterways) and has no responsibility for the maintenance of canals or towpaths. I cannot provide information about moorings.
Please do not email me about canal or towpath maintenance or about moorings.
If your query is about maintenance or moorings, please click one of these links to email the Canal and River Trust:
Manchester and Pennine office 01782 785703
(Huddersfield, Rochdale, Ashton, Peak Forest, Macclesfield, Trent & Mersey (North) and Manchester Bolton & Bury Canals)
North West office 01942 405700
(Leeds & Liverpool and Lancaster Canals, Liverpool Canal Link, Ribble Link, Sankey Canal)
North East and Yorkshire office 0113 281 6800
(Aire & Calder, Calder & Hebble, Sheffield & South Yorkshire Navigations, Huddersfield Broad Canal, Selby Canal, Ripon Canal, River Ouse and River Ure)
- Pennine Waterways does not operate boat trips.
- Pennine Waterways is unable to provide information about boat trips, boat hire, canal holidays or technical information about canal restoration projects.
Please do not email me about boat trips, boat hire, canal holidays or for technical information.
- There are some links to boat hire companies in this area on the links page.
- There is information about canoeing on canals on the Canal and River Trust web site.
- There is information about cycling on canal towpaths on the Canal and River Trust web site.
If you still wish to contact Pennine Waterways, please click here to send a message.
Click here to return to the page you were looking at,